How to Sell Timeshare
Are you considering selling a timeshare? As a timeshare owner, you have the ability to take amazing vacations every year. But maybe your vacations haven’t been all that you’ve hoped for. Maybe your lifestyle has changed, or maybe you want to start looking for new opportunities or locations for traveling. It may seem like a daunting task, but with the right, professional, success-oriented team on your side, you can successfully sell your timeshare week stress-free and for the right price. Contact a timeshare resale specialist at TimeshareCalendar.com today to get started!
How to Sell Your Timeshare:
Making the decision to sell a timeshare can be difficult. We can help you through the process, and find you a buyer that will love the property as much as you did. Selling timeshares on the resale market with assistance from experts at TimeshareCalendar.com is as simple as 1-2-3. Follow these easy steps below and have your ownership property sold in no time:
- Find out what your unit is worth. Once you complete our free, no obligation market value survey, our licensed agents will determine an accurate estimate for the fair market value of your ownership. Advertising your property for a fair price gives you a better chance of getting if off your hands quickly.
- Post an ad. We will help you create a custom advertisement for your property and market your timeshare online to thousands of potential buyers visiting our site daily and looking for timeshare properties just like yours.
- Start receiving offers! Potential buyers will make offers directly on your advertisement, which will be sent to you for review, so you can have complete control over your timeshare sale. Negotiate if needed and accept the offer you feel most comfortable with.
Once you and the buyer have agreed on the price, leave the rest up to a trusted, licensed timeshare closing service that we can recommend. Have the final sales process handled by professionals while you sit back and wait for your money to arrive!
To get started, fill out the form on this page so we can help you get on the road to finding the perfect buyer for your timeshare!
Not Ready to Sell Your Timeshare?
If you still wish to keep your timeshare ownership, but just can’t visit this year, don’t let your week go to waste! Rent out your timeshare to travelers looking for affordable, comfortable timeshare accommodations for their next retreat. Make money from your rental week to use towards covering your annual maintenance fees or any other expenses you may have. Contact us today for more information.
Timeshare Sales Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about selling your timeshare or timeshare sales, you have come to the right place! Read through the following timeshare sales frequently asked questions below and find the answers you need. For more information or to ask a question not listed below, contact us at 1-866-430-4384.
Can I resell my timeshare for the same amount I bought it for?
Most likely, the answer is no. This is because when developers sell timeshares, they include sales incentives, marketing tactics, etc. into their final pricetag for the timeshare. In your case, you will not have these additional fees to pay for, and therefore will not have to add them to your asking price. The amount you advertise your ownership for on the resale market should be the fair market value of the property in order to have it sold quickly.
How do I find out the fair market value of my timeshare?
How much a timeshare is worth depends on a number of things. First, it depends on the location and the week. A week in Colorado in February is going to be worth a lot more than a week in Colorado in August. It also depends on the quality of the resort, the size of the suite or villa, the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and many other variables.
If you are interested in finding out how much your timeshare is worth, our timeshare specialists can help. Learn more about finding the value of your timeshare.
What information do I need to have to sell my timeshare?
Collect as much of your original and up-to-date paperwork on your ownership that you can find. This includes:
- General information, such as the resort name, address, location, etc.
- Your deed
- Your last maintenance bill
- Paperwork for your financial agreement/mortgage on your timeshare (if any)
If you’re missing any of this paperwork, our specialists can help you recover the files.
Where should I advertise my timeshare?
This is the perfect opportunity to use TimeshareCalendar.com. We will list your advertisement online to be seen by thousands of potential buyers. Once you have done that, try spreading the word about your listing on Craigslist, social media, or by word of mouth.
How do I avoid scams?
There are a number of strategies to help you avoid timeshare scams as a seller:
- Be suspicious if someone offers to pay you more than your asking price.
- Don’t send money to a buyer. Often you are told to wait until a foreign check clears, and then refund the difference. Usually, the check will bounce and then you will have lost the money that you “refunded”.
- If someone offers to buy your timeshare, and then asks you to buy something in return, walk away quickly!
The best advice is that if you are offered something that seems too good to be true, it probably is!
Can I donate my timeshare?
Yes! If you donate your week, you may qualify for a tax deduction. What most people don’t realize is that in order to donate your timeshare, the charity has to be able to resell it and turn a profit. If your timeshare is only going for a dollar, a charity will not accept it.
To Sell Your Timeshare